Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Week In Addis

I had the most wonderful week in my favorite city ever!!! I absolutely LOVE Ethiopia! The people, the atmosphere, the weather, the hospitality...everything!! Looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for our family in the city of Addis Ababa. Gracie and I just spent the whole week bonding. We had Embassy on Tuesday, so Wednesday through Friday we just hung out. What special memories we made.
Gracie loving on one of the little boys that was staying there with his family. The love I saw her show to this little boy was only a taste of her love she would show her brothers.

So these next two pictures didn't turn out so I put them both on here. Our special friend and the guest house manager, Yonatan. He took great care of Gracie and I all week and it was sad to tell him goodbye. Looking forward to seeing him next year Lord willing.
His love for the children was so special.
Gracie loves anything electronic. She took at least 50 pictures on my phone...this was one of them :)
She wanted me to get my hair done...I ended up taking it out in the first couple hours because of the extreme headache it gave me. But it was fun while it lasted. She played and played with my hair. She blow dryed it and flat ironed it...to her I was like a live barbie :)
Here is our good friend Astell. We love her so much! She also took great care of us and taught me so many things about Gracies hair.
We had a wonderful week. We laughed and giggled and played dolls, watched movies, listened to music, went for walks, took baths, slept in, played with play dough, painted our nails, colored and so much more! We will always remember our special week in Addis.




*PSALMS 95: 1-6

"Oh COME! Let us sing unto our Lord: Let us make a JOYFUL noise unto the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with Thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise to Him with psalms. For the Lord is a GREAT God, and a great king above all Gods. In His hands are the deep places of the earth, The strength of the hills are His also. The sea is His, He made it, His hands formed the dry land. Oh COME let us worship and bow down....Let us kneel before the Lord OUR God OUR maker."

No comments:

Post a Comment