This day goes down in our books as "gotcha day". This is the day that I was finally able to sign my daughter out of the orphanage forever. As happy as this day made me, it was also very sobering to take her away from her friends and nanny that have taken care of her for the past year. She did extremely well and they said she was so excited to go. I told the nannies that we would be back but if we did not see them again on this earth we would see them in Heaven. *tears* I gave each one of them long hugs and let them know how thankful I was that they took such good care of my daughter for me. They are the sweetest ladies and the love they have for the children is very obvious. What a blessing for the "waiting" children.
I changed her into some clothes that I had brought....she was thrilled :) Sadness filled my heart when she got her little pillowcase and filled it with her little treasures. So thankful though for the pillowcase and treasures....they will be so special someday.
Here we are at the coffee/goodbye ceremony.
The other couple that were there for Embassy when I was. The Lady beside me is the counselor at the Village...her name is Helen. The man in the back is the directer.
How fun it was to climb in the van and arrive at the guest house. She fell asleep on my lap on the way there so she was a bit disoriented when we arrived. Above is Astell doing her hair after her bath.
She LOVES anything that is electronic! I feared for my phones internal brains but I just cringed and let her have fun :) This was one of the happiest days of my life. Finally my daughter was in my care and I could begin the bonding process.....more to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment