Thursday, September 29, 2011

147 million MINUS one

It was bittersweet leaving Ethiopia. I knew what was ahead for her and that we were leaving her birth country. She was SO excited to go to America. I could tell they really played it up to her :) She did great on the plane ride! We flew out of Addis and refuled in Rome and then to Washington DC and then to Dayton. I don't remember ever being so exhausted.
She loved watching this plane get closer to America. I was so thankful for the entertainment this little screen gave.
Her first American meal at Five Guys
FINALLY HOME~ How sweet to see Brysen take her hand

This was so fun to climb in the van and head home with our new daughter! They laughed and laughed in on the way home.
My family
trying out the trampoline. Now every morning as soon as shes awake she says, "Mommy! Jump!"
The sign that Grandma Kay made to welcome her home
Daddy getting some quality time in
Our first meal together as a family
I think I have a picture like this with my boys after they were born. Totally exhausted!
The morning after :) Watching Barney. Everyone is wondering how she is doing. She is doing great! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit for our family! Britton and I were talking about how amazing it is that she is no longer an orphan....and you can tell. She loves having a family...Oh if only every fatherless child could be this lucky! We feel so blessed that God chose us to take this path. Scary to think of what we would have missed out on if our eyes wouldn't have been opened. Thank you Jesus for our beautiful gift! The adoption process is really just beginning and there are so many more children that need families...but for now....there is one less :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see that your family is together now! How did Gracie like her room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura~ She LOVED it :) She likes to go up there and play with her dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I could just cry and cry with the joy that your words bring. I'm SO glad Gracie is HOME with her family!!! The Lord has been so good to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Everything. So happy your daughter is finally home! Love & prayers as life goes on. p.s. loved the "exhausted mommy" pic. Such a good feeling to bring our babies hoe and hit the recliner.. with them in our ARMS! :) -Katie Coning

    ReplyDelete