This poem is from my moms yf's years and she has saved it this long. Please join me in prayer for all the young people out in this world that need Jesus.
"THE CALL"
Repent and be baptized!!
...But Lord, we are only boys!
Repent for what? For growing up
Or playing with our toys?
Were much to young to understand
And do that sort of stuff ;
Go talk to high school boys like Joe and Jim
They're old enough.
And so it was the days went by
And childhood joys grew dim
And we put off the call of God
To come and follow Him.
The older boys both Joe and Jim
Were members in a church
But me and John, when Sunday came
Would ditch and fish for perch.
Repent and be baptized!!!
...But Lord were still just boys!
You know its hard to quit
And give up high school joys.
Besides I've got a girlfriend,
And John's a football star;
His coach would flip and Jane would laugh.
Were happy as we are.
And so it was the days went by
And graduation came
And high school joys were left behind
And so was Jesus name
I went to church quite often though;
To hear about the Lord
But always fell asleep or talked
Or got extremely board.
Repent and be baptized!!!
...The Savior seemed to plead
But I was pretty tough by now
and didn't feel the need.
A marijuana cigarette
Would send the call away
And keep me happy as I laughed ,
"Some more convenient day!"
Repent and be baptized!
...The message came again.
My Father prayed and my Mother cried,
But I would not give in.
Instead I left them all behind
For other friends in town
And live the way I wanted to
And put the Savior down.
And so it was the days went by
The call came less and less
I smoked and pranked and crossed the law
And drugs! Lord what a mess!
Now even John had found a church
And here I was in sin
"Please help me Lord" I almost cried
But couldn't quite give in.
Repent and be baptized!
...I feel the Saviors pull
It stung my conscience! Crushed my pride!
It pierced my heart and soul
I closed my eyes in wretched shame
And prayed on bended knee
"Oh Lord, whom I have crucified,
I pray, remember ME!"
I'd nailed my Savior to the cross
In pain year after year
I'd crucified my greatest friend
And never shed a tear
BUT NOW MY SINS ARE WASHED AWAY!
AND JESUS TOOK THE BLAME!!
AND I AM CLEAN BECAUSE OF HIM!!
OH BLESS HIS HOLY NAME!!
And so it is my life is changed
My name is written there
What great relief! What blessed hope!!
What joy beyond compare!!
What mighty love! What matchless grace!!
What promises of bliss!!
No comments:
Post a Comment