Monday, February 21, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

Happy Monday! Its cozy here in our house. The boys are nicely playing and I am doing laundry and blogging :) We had a wonderful Valentines Day last Monday. It was filled with simple love which is the kind I like best just having my loves close to me.
Brysen making his Valentine to Daddy. It was really his first time to color and he did good!
My little Valentines
Cupcakes for our dessert :) The boys had so much fun helping me make these and I think they were on a sugar high the rest of the day!
The boys got several Valentines in the mail and they had so much fun opening every one!

Little Valentine men from Grandma Kay!!! They squealed with delight when they opened them! * Do you spot our missing special people in the background? We are reminded to pray for both of them until they are home!

Our simple little Valentine supper with Daddy home! Just enjoying the little special moments.
MENU: Vegetable Soup ( my boys LOVE this soup!) bread, frozen peaches and cupcakes
Ok moving on from Valentines Day. I made this dessert for a gathering at church. We love this dessert and it is my go to dessert for when I haft to make something last minute I seem to always have everything on hand. Its called "Poka Moka Torte" its in the Pink cookbook on page 284. I never take any home! But in case you dont have the cookbook :)
POKA MOKA TORTE
2 cup whipped cream~1tsp vanilla~1tsp instant coffee~1-2 tsp maple flavoring~ 1/2 c brown sugar~1 (23 oz) brownie mix.
Bake the brownie mix cake-like method in 2 (9 in) greased round pans. Bake 20 min at 350. Remove from pans before completely cooled. For the frosting whip the cream to peaks. Add remaining ingredients gradually. Put 1/3 frosting between layers and cover with remaining frosting. Top torte with chocolate shavings and chopped walnuts if you prefer. Serves 12 Its SO easy and SO good!!

Ok does anyone elses laundry room look like this on Monday morning?? SIGH! I really don't mind doing laundry but I like to have it all washed and put away before supper otherwise it sits in a pile all week. So thankful though that I have a family and I can take care of them!


Here's a picture of my sweet boys this morning before breakfast :)
One last picture of last week we went to Jumpys again in Toy with cousins Colton, Chase and Cohen. The boys had so much fun!! Hope your day is blessed! Proverbs 21:13

1 comment:

  1. Such fun to peek into your life - thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete