Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sermon Notes

*sorry no pictures this time...only words I want to remember. I absolutely LOVE listening to Francis Chan! For some reason everything he says I can understand and it "clicks" with me. And I just so happened to listen to a few sermons that had to do with stepping out of the comfort zone...I appreciate the words as I plan to step out of MY comfort zone next week...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"If you want to experience God...go take some risks..go do things that show you really believe in eternity...actually live by faith...and as you do that...you experience the supernatural presence and peace of God

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~
Why on earth do we need the Comforter to come if we are already comfortable??

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If our lives make sense to the unbeliever...then we are doing something wrong. In 1Corinthians 15 Paul is saying...If there is NO resurrection from the dead...then I am above all Men most to be pitied...Paul says I just gave everything, my whole life for teaching the resurrection. I bet everything. "Its the sacrifice...that promotes believability"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Christians should not only accept suffering but DESIRE suffering for the sake of the Gospel. Being a Christian is not about your best life now....there IS going to be suffering. 1 Peter 4:12-13 "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." So Paul is saying to REJOICE when you have sufferings! (wow!) Matthew 5:10-12 ~your reward in Heaven will be great for the suffering!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Don't you feel more peace when your in danger and suffering for the sake of the Gospel then when things are easy??? We would think that safety and comfort would make our lives easy and more peaceful...but we KNOW when we are living that way...safe and comfortable...that we actually do not have a peace about life. There is a peace we get as believers when we are suffering for the sake of the Gospel.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
All the above words are from Francis Chan. I do understand his words. While everyone around me is worried and concerned about my safety...I am at peace...total peace. I know that short mission trips are VERY very important because we then see how we can make a bigger change and how we can impact more people. This is NOT such a big task to some people...but to me...this is stepping out of my comfort zone...where Jesus is..and I want to be where He is <3 br="br">


4 comments:

  1. Love Francis Chan. I'm SLOWLY going through his book Crazy Love. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAT! I am waiting on a new blog post from you!!! :))) And I love the book Crazy love! My favorite part was when he talked about the kindgom of Heaven in the field...He explained it so well! I will never forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Francis Chan too - his new book "Multiply" looks really good. We should get a small group together to do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of Multiply BUT that would be a good winter thing for us girls!!! I would love that!!! Love you Mrs. K! I am hoping to hear news on fb while I am in Ethiopia! :))))

    ReplyDelete