Sunday, September 30, 2012

Randomness

Gustavo with his new sunglasses...FUNNY STORY>>took him to the mall last Saturday and when it was time to eat lunch he asked me if they had "poop" he could drink...after some confusion and laughter we figured out that yes, there was POP at the restaurant he could drink.Enjoying every moment with this sweet boy. He fits right into our family and we will be SO sad when the year is over!
Sneak peak at our family pictures several nights ago! Looking forward sending them out at Christmas!
 LOVE my new necklace from my dear dear friend...the words say..."Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson These words mean so much to me! Of course I understand that leaving my children and my husband to go to Ethiopia is NOT normal! I understand everyone's concerns BUT I also understand that memorizing scripture is one thing...and actually doing it is another. Also I understand that if this is my passion...if this is what I love doing...I should do it. It is extremely important to me that my children see me living my life and being happy. I do not want to ever tell them I couldn't ever live my dream because I was to busy raising them. I understand there the two sided argument about this BUT I am not abandoning my children by going to Ethiopia for 12 days. I think it is unfair that people assume things about me and my family without asking us...Britton plans to go in the spring..it just worked out for me to go in the fall and so we switched places. I have thought of Ethiopia every single day since I left. I know God has given me and my family and heart and a vision for this beautiful country...I think people need to be really really careful about judging us on this issue..please keep in mind that this is OUR story that God is writing. He has a plan for ME and my family, just as He has a plan for you.
 On a happier note...(this is totally a God story) I got a VERY inspirational letter, in the mail, from someone I do not know hardly at all. I will share it with you......
Dear Kristy,
Praying for you as your time to visit and minister in Ethiopia draws near. I'm praying God will build you strong that you will be poured out on behalf of the weak. May your life showcase our great and mighty God who saves! Also praying God will put angels around you and your friend and your families while you are gone. May your children see your love for God and the least of these and one day rise up as mighty advocates and soldiers in the Kingdom! May the lies of Satan be bound and your heart and mind be kept in perfect peace as you look to Jesus the author and finisher of the good work of faith He is doing in your life! Keep fighting the good fight sister, and may our Jesus be lifted high to the Father's glory!!! "All I have is one life to give my all, to be your hands and feet. Lord I want to be a revelation of love; I want to make the invisible God....VISIBLE!" -unkown
This letter came in the mail a couple days ago JUST when I needed it the most. God knew I needed these words...SO I am tuning my ears out to the negative lies of Satan. 
I mean WHO wouldn't want to go love on hundreds of babies and children in Ethiopia???? A couple days ago at lunch (and you should know lunch time in our house is just me and my two boys) I was telling my littles about how Mommy is going to Ethiopia to see and help my friends...Carter's sweet sweet words will forever be etched on my heart...He said, with much excitement and shinning eyes, "Mommy, when its my turn to go to Ethiopia, I want to take ALL the wood out of Daddys barn and put it in the trashbags that are under the kitchen sink...and I want to take it all on the plane and build houses for our poor friends." What a heart he has <3 -isaiah="-isaiah" 43:21="43:21" for="for" formed="formed" forth="forth" have="have" his="his" i="i" my="my" myself="myself" people="people" praise.="praise." shall="shall" show="show" they="they">

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious about the pop!
    Cute family photo.
    What an encouraging letter!
    Praying for your trip.
    Miss you..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Nat said! I miss you & will be praying for your trip! Hopefully we'll have a new family member for you to meet when you get home! Love Carter's heart - can't wait for him to be able to go too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!! I cant WAIT to meet the new family member!! I can't wait to hold her!!! and smell the new baby smell! I am SURE she will be so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny... pop/poop... not too big of a deal! ;)
    I'd love to hear more details of your upcoming trup!! How exciting!!! And that letter is very sweet, you're blessed!
    Hoping we'll get one of those pictures... (hint hint)
    <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete