My dear Mother asked what I wanted for my birthday and after a couple minutes of thinking I said I would LOVE to be able to send some boxes to a couple people at Korah. It was SO much fun packing boxes for Hanna and her sisters and for Tesfaye...$60 to send each box! :/ But this picture makes it so worth it! Look at the Mothers face! I wish wish wish I could have been there to give this box to these sweet ones in person!I decided that maybe I need a job to support my addiction...I simply cannot get to Ethiopia soon enough. I know God wants our family there, but I also know that we are supposed to wait for this season of our lives. I came across this saying the other day and it blessed me...
"You may think of waiting as a passive, inactive time, but waiting on the Lord is anything but inactive. While we wait, we pray more passionately to know God, God's purpose and God's ways. While we wait we pay attention to circumstances and ask God to interpret them by revealing God's perspective. While we wait, we seek others wisdom to find out what God might be saying to them, while we wait we actively engage our faith by asking, seeking and knocking...and in shifting ultimate responsibility of life's outcome to God."
Psalms 5:11&12
"But let all those that put their trust in God rejoice:Let them ever shout for joy, because God defends them. Let them also that love God's name be joyful in God. For You oh Lord, will bless the righteous, with favor will God compass him with a shield."
Waiting on the Lord is hard...but it seems that these waiting times draw me closer to God...and that is ultimately what I want for my life...to be so so close to Jesus..to feel Him in every breath I take...assured that He is by my side
No comments:
Post a Comment