Seven months ago I was in Ethiopia getting to know my new daughter for the first time. I balked when someone told me that adoption was hard....HOW was it hard? Isn't it easy to love a cute little orphan girl?? Seven months later I now understand the meaning behind the words...."adoption is hard but it is worth it". It hasn't all been easy. But let me tell you...for any struggle we have went through I would do it all again in a heartbeat...Someone once said to the Mothers of adopted children that are in the trenches fighting for love...to KEEP fighting because love comes....it does! This is my testimony that love does come!MOTHERHOOD~ is a choice you make everyday to put someone else's happiness and well being ahead of your own. To teach the hard lessons and do the right thing even if your not sure what the right thing is...and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong. -Donna Bell
Gracie looks so little in that photo! Can't believe its been 7 months. That quote you put is so awesome..
ReplyDelete