Wednesday, March 28, 2012

His Little Feet

We had the honor of hosting two little boys in our home for a couple nights. Yabsira is 11 years old and he is from Ethiopia. And Javier is 12 from Honduras. Their guardian, Uncle Aaron also came with the boys. We fell IN LOVE with these two sweet boys!
Their smiles radiated from their little faces. I got at least two hugs from each boy after every meal. They were like little teddy bears...they just wrapped their arms around me and laid their heads on my shoulder. They just wanted to be loved for a few minutes. My heart aches for them because I know how much they want and need a Mama to love them.
Monday after the boys did school we took them to the Dayton Airforce Musuem. They counted it as credit for their history and they thoroughly enjoyed it!
We stopped to watch a movie or two along the way...My boys LOVED the older boys! Javier and Yabsira took such good care of them...holding them up to see a picture on the wall or holding their hand as we walked along. Carter wants a older brother now.
(picture out of order) This is the night of their performance at the Eaton Church of the Brethren. They all did such a good job!
This picture was taken for Uncle Brentie. We are imagining him in a tent like this out in the middle of the dessert.
Don't we look good as a family of seven? I sure think we do!
My mind was racing as Britton read (five) children a bedtime story...whats two more?? We could do this for sure!!!!
I wish for these sweet boys...families...that will love them forever. Meanwhile our time together and the memories we made will forever be etched on my heart. I had a few tears when they left...I so badly want every child to have a family. And I know I will be held accountable to God because He opened my eyes to the orphans cry and I cannot pretend I don't know or understand. Proverbs 24:12
What do you think of when you see this flag?? I always like to look at it and ponder in my heart on what it means to me.


Romans 10:14-15 says "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things"

HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE HIS LITTLE FEET!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment