Monday, November 14, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

I can't believe how much this little girl likes to work! From washing the dishes to making all the beds and mopping floors, she is a great help! She shared with us that she worked alot at the Soddo orphanage. *EDIT* Just so y'all don't think I make her do housework. The above picture is quality time with Daddy while Mommy gives the boys showers. They dance and eat candy in secret. So special to hear them laughing. He does a good job of showing her how to wash dishes.
Here she is cutting yarn for her braids. EDIT *I did ask her if she wanted to cut yarn braids with her brother (not pictured) while I made supper. They only did about 10 before supper and I did the other 60.
Erin wanted her toes painted :) *EDIT good bonding with her friends since they cannot communicate.

*We have been so busy lately! I can't believe its almost been two weeks since I blogged last! My children are my first priority...they seem to take up most of my time these days.

*I came across this saying on one of the blogs I follow. I wrote it down but forgot to write down where I found it :(

" Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, talented, fabulous? Actually, Who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people wont feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us ; its in everyone. And as we let our lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" -Marianne Williamson

I LOVE that! I am always downplaying myself wanting not to brag. But I am always encouraged by others who boldly tell others what they are doing for God and how God has changed there lives.
*Let your light shine*

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote Kristy. I struggle with the same thing. In fact mom and I were just talking about this last week. How I so much what to shout God's praises for the work that He has done and is doing in my life! But yet I'm always so afraid that it will come across as bragging or "look at me"! But it is not about ME at all! It's about JESUS and Him only. And when I don't share His praise, I'm stealing from His glory. Thank-you Jesus for working and changing our hearts. ..love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet baby. Now she has to learn what it is to just be a little girl. She's had to be an adult for too long. She might also be eager to please. I'm sure you're doing a great job teaching her that you're the mommy and the one who takes care of her.

    ReplyDelete