Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Packing


*YAWN* The days have been busy and my brain is so tired at the end of the day from all the stuff that goes through it. Carter and my mom colored pictures for Gracie. Carters is the purple little girl that he colored and cut out all by himself. Mom said he worked on it for a hour!
...Getting medical release forms for the Grandparents....Dr.'s name and phone number, boys birthdays and our health insurance information. Hopefully nothing will happen but it is always good to be prepared.
All my "To do" lists....Master list, things to buy list, Grocery list, things to do list....
These are our rolling backpacks that I bought this past winter. We are carrying on our most important bathroom supplies, two outfits, pj's, underwear and books, Bible, snacks, important papers, computer, camera, video camera, and music :) ....its a good thing their rolling! We are only allowed one carry on each.
I'm packed! Britton said, "Thats all your taking??"
Were taking one suitcase and two tubs of donations. I originally thought we would take three tubes but I got smart and decided to take a suitcase so we can bring home gifts and stuff we buy her. Yes that is a iron in the above bin. I wouldn't want to be caught with wrinkly clothes! :)
Brittons going to deflate the soccer balls as soon as we get a air needle.
My sweet boys today at lunch...I've been having alot of tears thinking about leaving them. Oh how I love our precious lunch time moments.
*3 more days to go!!!!! yikes! :)

* We got word today from our case manager. She said that Gracie's family made it to court this morning and gave their approval before the judge. BUT the MOWA (Ministry of Women Affair) letter did not make it. This is not uncommon but it means that there is a possibility that we might have to leave Ethiopia and Gracie would not be our legal daughter. We still go to court but they can't finalize until MOWA gives the letter. Soooo praying that they get their game on! It would be so cool to tell Gracie that she is our daughter! :)

*I will blog one more time probably before we leave. I heard that blogger might not work from Ethiopia and if thats the case I will tell you all about it when we get home! I will be writing in my journal every day and will try to remember detail

*I am always amazed at the love of our God. We keep receiving money towards our adoption in the mail. {{we feel blessed}} Prayers are really the only thing we ask for BUT God knows our every need and is taking care of them. "Thank you God!"

*Gracie~I want you to know how excited we are that we are finally on our way to meet you. You are so worth the wait! Every moment I spent longing to hug you was worth it! I can't wait to kiss you sweet little brown cheeks :) We love you so so much already and we would fly across a hundred oceans to get to you. Looking forward to painting your nails and giving you lots of hugs and kisses. Although still so young, your brothers are so excited to meet you. They pray all the time for you and Carter is looking forward to playing with you outside. Brysen will point to your picture on the china cupboard and say your name. Daddy is looking forward to having a princess and spoiling you...he's a good daddy and you will love him so much. And mommy is looking forward to the lifetime, Lord willing, of having a daughter to do girl things with. We can go get our nails painted together and go shopping and watch girl movies together and so much more that we have to look forward to. We love you! See you soon sweet girl! :) Love Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Prayers are going up to the Father for you, Britton, your boys and your sweet, sweet girl. An exciting time for your family! Love from the Sink's.

    ReplyDelete