Friday, June 24, 2011

Ethiopia Bound

I never thought this day would get here. I still can't imagine that at 6:15 tonight we will load our three donation boxes and our one suitcase into the van and head to the airport. It is so surreal at this point and so many emotions that are taking place. Sad to leave my boys (tears), happy to meet my new daughter...finally, scared about flying across the ocean, saddened at the thought of seeing poverty, scared that I might get sick :( , nervous about hoping I remembered to pack everything and sad that I have to tell my daughter goodbye and leave her there for a couple months. Mix that all together and you can imagine what we feel today.
BUT there is such a peace that we feel just {knowing} that God is already in the next moment of each minute...He's there and He knows that we are nervous, scared, happy, excited. What would I ever do without Jesus.
Or the all you kind people wishing us well and praying for our journey. It means so much to know that people are thinking of us. Keep praying because we have a long week ahead of us.
We arrive in Turkey at 5:00 tomorrow night...not sure what time that is here but thats a 10 hour 45 min flight from Chicago and then we arrive in Addis Ababa at 12:15 am. So it will be dark when we land. Hopefully we can get some sleep at the guest house Sunday night :)
Thank you all so much for being part of this journey. We still have a ways to go. Leaving her will be hard and waiting patiently for embassy will be hard also. But like I said, there is such a peace knowing that God is in control and my life is all His. We are doing this for Him. Its all about Him!

I love you all! Hope you have a good weekend and week :) Please remember us in prayer...I will blog if I can and if not I will blog about each day when we get home Lord willing :)

3 comments:

  1. Praying.. That Jesus will take away your fears and worries. That you will only feel His peace and His strength. We will be praying for you, Britton, and Gracie in Ethiopia and for Carter and Brysen as they wait for you here. Oh- and a special prayer that you won't get sick! SO EXCITED for you! ..love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited this day is finally here for you B an K, we are thinking of you lots and PRAYING!! May His grace and strength be yours!! Enjoy each moment!!:)
    BLESSINGS!!
    Laurellee for the Skiles'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you today...which means, I've been praying! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete