Hey friends :) Hope your having a good Wednesday evening :) We are trying to keep busy with all these dark and gloomy rainy days. Yesterday I made bread for the first time in my 5 1/2 years of married life...GASP!!! Yes I know BUT I have made cinnamon rolls, and dinner rolls but never bread. So yesterday afternoon I randomly decided to make bread :) It turned out good :)
This flour I bought when I was in Shipshewana. My Mother dear declares this is the best flour for baking and I haft to agree it makes our bread taste fluffy and moist.
Rising.....I LOVE the smell of homemade bread :)
Meanwhile between the bread rising my husband came home and we had supper and I used a whole half gallon of icecream and tons of fresh strawberries to make our dessert :)
Brysen liked it!
All done! I think I need to invest in different loaf pans. The dark pans turned the bottoms a bit brown.Here is the recipie I used:
Amish Bread
1/3 cup sugar
1 T brown sugar
1T salt
2T yeast
3 T thesco flour
3 1/2 cup warm water
1/3 cup honey
3/4 cup corn oil
1 cup wheat flour
7-8 cups thesco flour
Mix sugars, salt, yeast, 3 T flour and water. Let stand 5 min. Add honey and oil. Mix and add wheat and thesco flour. Let rise 1/2 hour and knead down. Let rise another half hour and put in pans. Let rise double in size. Bake 350 for 25 min. Yeilds 5 loaves :)
I dont have five loaf pans so I made rolls with the leftover dough. The boys liked them :)
We took a walk after supper and the sky took our breath away. We stood there in awe of the beauty of our God.
Adoption Update:Well today we got the long awaited words..."Documents submitted to Court." I squealed and laughed and smiled and called Britton and my Parents and texted my brother and I had a moment. Yes we still have some waiting to do BUT in 4-5 weeks we will get our court date and then we will wait a month or so to travel and then we will finally go and meet our little girl and pray for the judge to say, "Congratulations! She's yours!" And then we will tearfully come home and wait for several more weeks until we fly again to bring her HOME!
We got measurements and a picture last evening. She is darling! Her smile and her eyes just shine through her mixmatched clothes and funny little hairstyle. According to the growth charts she shrunk 2 inches and her feet measure 5.9 cm. hmmmm LOL I'm not to worried...she looks healthy and her feet seem to be in proportion to her little body :) Please pray for our family :) Happy evening to you~
So excited to hear the update on Gracie!! Praying God's peace for you as you wait!
ReplyDelete