Monday, April 18, 2011

Shipshewana Indiana


My dear Mother and I went on a little overnight trip to Shipshewana Indiana. We had so much fun talking, shopping, laughing and relaxing. My Mother-n-Law kept my boys all day on Friday and then Britton kept them on Saturday. I felt so privileged to get away!
After arriving around noon on Friday we went and got fitted for Sunday caps. Then after shopping until 5:30 or so we went to a Amish restaurant (I forget the name). We had in mind all day that we wanted to eat at a buffet and when we arrived at the restaurant there was no buffet. SO we both ordered the sample platter which had the following: shredded ham, shredded beef, fried chicken, salad, bread, green beans, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. !!!!!!!!!! . We have never laughed so hard AND dont worry all I ate was a little meat and mashed potatoes and the green beans and brought the rest home for our supper Sat. night.
Then to top it off we ordered dessert. Mom got apple dumplings and I got this MAMMOTH piece of chocolate cake. We were laughing so hard tears were running down my face and the people around us were laughing. I brought this home for our dessert on Sat. Our meal cost $20 a piece and we decided it was for our Mothers Day gift to each other. It was a wonderful meal! And it was fun to splurge.
This is where we stayed. Very nice place. I still like the Farmstead Inn better but they had no room.
Always fun to see all the horse and buggies.
There was a horse auction so Amish from Pennsylvania were there.
We ate at the "Bread Box" for lunch on Sat.
My Mother dear.
My yummy lunch. I enjoyed every bite eating slowly since I had no one else to feed.
Back home! I bought Carter this stamp set. He LOVES it! Sad to say the shirt he has on got ruined and I just threw it away :( Mommy fault. Now he takes his shirt off :)
We had such a special time. Hopefully making it a yearly outing. I came home refreshed.

Thinking about my Jesus this week. Without His death and resurrection there would be no Hope. Thank you Jesus for dying for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment