Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hope


If you have ever been to our house you probably thought this little pink sign with the word hope on it was just a cute little random decoration. Your wrong :) This special little sign was bought September 2009, the month we decided to adopt. We had no idea what in the world we were doing. All we knew is that...YES Lord! We will adopt!! We didn't even have an agency. We had no idea if the child would be girl or boy. We had no idea what country our child would be from.
I found this little sign on a grocery trip and hung it up declaring that whenever we saw this little sign we were to think and pray for our child to be.
Now here we are April 2011. Its been a long wait. My heart literally hurts from the wait. Whenever I think about it my heart feels heavy. But we are Hoping! God has taught us so so much about patience. And I am sure on the other side of the world there is a little 5-7 yr old girl Hoping just the same as we are.
Here is a poem I found on a blog. I am thinking of all the waiting children that will never have somewhere to call home.
The Waiting Child-An Adoption Poem

I saw you meet your child today
You kissed your baby joyfully
And as you walked away with him
I played pretend you'd chosen me

I'm happy for the baby, yet
Inside I'm aching miserably
I want to plead as you go by,
"Does no one want a child of three?"

I saw you meet your child today
In love with her before you met
And as I watched you take her out
I knew it wasn't my turn yet

I recognize you from last year!
I knew I'd seen your face before!
But you came for a second babe
Does no one want a child of four?

{{I saw you meet your child today
But this time there was something new
A nurse came and took MY hand
And then she gave my hand to You}}

Can this be true? I'm almost six
And there are infants here, you see
But then you kissed me and I knew
The child you picked this time was Me.
copyright 1997

~Waiting and HOPING for a court date {{soon}} so I can go take my little girls hand and give her sweet kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment