I heard a song the other day on the radio. It was a worn out Miley Cyrus song that spoke right to my heart and had me in many tears. It was a good thing I was headed home because I couldn't find a kleenex in the van and my face was a mess. Every single word rings true in our adoption process and our climb at this point in our lives.
The Climb by Miley Cyrus
I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming
But theres a voice inside my head saying "You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta be strong
Gotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna haft to loose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about whats waiting on the other side
Its the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
I'm not breaking
Keep on moving, Keep climbing
Keep the faith!
Its all about the climb. Keep your faith!
This song really touched me! ITS ALL ABOUT THE CLIMB and what God is teaching us through this journey. We will never be the same after this climb I am sure. Praise God. One of my dear friends Sweetnesstothesoul.blogspot.com ( go check her new blog out! It will be so fun to hear her words about their adoption journey!) has a quote on her blog that says, "My friends, adoption is redemption. It's costly, exhausting, expensive, and outrageous. Buying back lives cost so much. When God set out to redeem us, it killed Him." -Derek Loux ......wow!
Not even half of the bows waiting to be placed in her hair :) This is a big weakness of mine! I love buying cute bows and headbands.
We found this in our repo house we just bought. It was dirty and nasty so Britton had Blake ( Thank you Blake!) spray paint it!! It's waiting to be hung. I am thrilled! This makes her whole room!
This little doll is from my mom. We laugh every time we see it. Her little tag says, "Sweetie" on it. ....so cute :)*Our only update we have had for awhile is that all the "referral" children at Acacia Villiage ( Gracie is a referral and she is at the Villiage) are waiting on papers. We specifically are waiting on a death certificate. HOPING we hear tomorrow ( we get updates every Wednesday)!!! But if we don't were gonna keep the faith, were gonna keep on keeping on even if its hard. Its all about the climb.
Praying for all of you as you wait Kristy! That God will fill your hearts with peace while you wait on His perfect timing! ..love..
ReplyDelete