Merry Christmas everyone! I can't believe it is already Christmas day!! Probably a month ago I got a letter from Brent in the mail and I was so excited! But he had written on the back to not open until Christmas. If you know me this was very hard to do! But I waited and I am so glad I did!
Merry Christmas to the Filbrun Family!
Sorry that this is the first letter I have wrote to your address! We do not have alot of time to write here. Things are alot different! I have changed alot since I got off the bus. Try not to swallow when you see me. By the time you read this hopefully I will be done with rifle range. This is a huge test. (btw we got a letter from him saying he passed and he scored higher than a sharp shooter or expert!) I will be ready to spend some time with the family and eat some food :) Don't tell mom or dad but I'm going to take each one out to lunch. I also want to take you two out to eat some night and go see a movie. And then I want to pick Carter up and take him to Culver's and then to grandmas. Hopefully that all works out! It is very cold here! The things we do are sometimes unimaginable! If the family seen what happens I'm not sure what you would do. I have grown up alot probably. I miss eating alot and peaceful shower/sleep. You just get by bootcamp meal by meal, night by night and everything in between blurs out. Remember to make as many memories as you can with your little family over Christmas. I have been thinking about it alot lately. So enjoy your time and make memories because you only have so many chances. I love you all especially my two nephews :) side note to Carter Hi Carter Uncle Brenty can't wait to hear your ABC's. Work on your muscles. Uncle Brent loves Brysen and Carter
Isn't that the sweetest letter?? Also Mom got a call from him this morning at 6:47 am!!!!!! He said he only had 30 seconds to talk. He said Merry Christmas Mom. Thank you for the Christmas cookies Bye. All Mom got to say was I love you but still so worth it! She said he sounded choked up. If they get to call home it is an honorable privilege.
Cant wait to see him on the 20th of Jan!!!!!
wow kristy.. this makes my heart hurt for him.. blessings to you as you anticipate his return home.. praying things can work out so he can do those fun things with all of you. love... hannalee
ReplyDelete