Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Twas the night before Christmas...

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the land there are parentless children with no toys in hand

No stockings to be hung by the chimney with care, no hopes for a family soon to be there

Their beds are not snug-but cold and quite bare. There are no goodnight kisses-no one to care

While we settle in our homes laughing in delight, all settle down for a Merry Christmas eve night

When in someones heart there arises a clatter, there are children in need-who's lives really do matter!

Away to the computer, please go! in a flash to see the sweet face with whom you could be matched

While a child you see, their beautiful face all aglow, could this be my child? could I already know?

When in the dreams of the orphan-what always appears is a family to love them, to care and hold dear

As you stare at that child, your heart beats real quick for you know in your heart that sweet face will stick

More dreams sweet children have, to call parents by name, "Come Mama! Come Daddy!" come family to claim

To the ends of the earth your heart seems to call, "Now child, I'm coming! I wish for you ALL!"

So on to a plane to your child, over the rooftops you flew to hold this dear soul...a wish did come true!

And then in a twinkling I saw through the door, this child of my heart that was waiting no more

As I got my camera and was turning around into my arms did {{she}} come with a bound

There was no round face, no plump little belly, just sad little eyes and legs shaking like jelly

In a swirl of a pen and a stamp and a seal my world became brighter like I could suddenly feel!

We spoke not a word, they were not needed at all and I knew in a moment where I got this call

God laid His hands on my heart and He could do it for you-this question He'll pose

It wont be a shout, no, not even a whistle, it wont be real clear but faint like a whisper

Can YOU make room in your heart if you try with all your might? and make a difference for one? help them see the light?

I can see you exclaim as you hold your child tight, Thank you Lord for this gift! You got it EXACTLY right!!

I read this on a blog a couple years ago and it really touched my heart. The Lord has called me to be an advocate for the orphan and I just want to say that We are called to care for the fatherless! Not every one has to bring one home but there are many ways to care! The need is so great! And sometimes it is overwhelming as where to start. And I think the best place to find your answers is on your knees BUT if you have any questions about adoption I would be glad to talk to you about it! Not that I know what I am doing or anything but I have sources :) Until they all are home~Kristy Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment