We have got at least three letters from Brent. He sends them to my mom and then addresses them to us all that way it saves his time. I love the days mom calls and says we got another letter! We read and reread them!! We really miss him but the letters really help! Here is his recent one that we got...
Dad, Mom, Britton, Kristy, Carter, Brysen
My haircut looks funny and my ears stick out far. It feels good though not to have to worry about messing with your hair. There are a couple people here that I know and don't mind. I met a couple people in Detroit. The waiting was not fun because me and Cameron were very nervous. They gave us meal checks for $25 dollars so I ate at McDonald's and Chick fil A as my last meal.The plane ride was good. When we got to Savannah Georgia we walked off the plane and we were all just standing there when all of the sudden there was like four drill instructors that came out of hiding and started screaming in the middle of the airport. We got on a bus then and when we pulled up to the gate more drill instructors came on the bus and told us to put our heads down. We drove around the island for like a half hour and it was very freaky! We were very nervous. When we got off the bus it was something I cannot explain. Those next two days sucked because we didn't sleep at all. The haircut made our scalps bleed because it was so quick. Receiving was not fun at all! We met our Drill Instructors Sat.. Today is Sunday and we are on Training day 5. Monday is training day 6. We have alot of classroom time. Usually we wake up, eat and we march there then we march back. We get our rifles and packs and march to the exercise field. We work out and do Martial Arts or whatever then march back and stack all of our gear. Then we march to chow hall. Then march back to our squad bay and do whatever for a little bit then we march to classroom and usually have two classes then we workout. Then we march back and do whatever. Then we go to chow time again and then we march back and do whatever until bedtime.
Things I want to eat: Pizza, cookies, Jello, Pie, Culver's, Coffee Cake, Teriyaki chicken, rolls, cheeseburger soup, juice, pretzels, Coldstone Creamery.
I am always hungry! We cannot have any medicine. The boots are very comfortable.
THINGS TO MAKE WHEN I GET BACK
Pie- apple, peach raspberry, pumpkin, cherry
Bread- home made white, and cinnamon rolls
Cake- German chocolate, pecan, red velvet, jello
Meat- steak, teriyaki chicken, turkey, salmon, ham
Pizza- Indians, BBQ chicken
Cookies-the white powdered, chocolate chip, the one with the candy bar in the middle
Desserts- the cupcakes you make in the morning that Grandma used to make, the cherry things, jello with marshmallows
nutter butter and Oreo cookies, pringles, coffee cake, captain crunch
Side dishes- scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs, gourmet potatoes, green beans with bacon, cheese and meat chip dip, Christmas candy with coconut in the middle, pringles.
Today we did pugil sticks and I beat my opponent twice in a row. We only went twice and the drill instructors were laughing.
I'm finally learning how to eat to get full. I choke alot on my food. I get 3 pieces of bread my ham and hash brown and make a sandwhich with all that, then eat it. Then I eat my eggs, cinnamon rolls, banana and apple and red powerade. We put yogurt in our cereal and then I pour two packets of syrup out on my tray and dip my waffles in it and stuff it down. Breakfast is the best meal! But I am hungry again after 2-3 hours. I am loosing weight. Please send me a schedule.
Brent Fisher
Oh how this letter makes me miss him! Looking forward to giving him a big hug on graduation day! If anyone would like to send him a letter of encouragement I would be happy to give you his address! Please remember to pray for his salvation and that he will have the strength to endure what lies ahead!
Oh Kristy. I'm sure you just soak up every single letter! I think about Brent and pray for him SO often. I was just thinking about him and wondered if he would like to get notes from people. So yeah, I would like his address...
ReplyDelete