....So many memories! In case you didn't know I got to take a trip of a lifetime last fall. I would encourage everyone to visit a third world country...it changes you..so..much. And oh the memories...the adventures...the friendships...the love. I simply cannot wait until its my turn again to get on that plane back to the place I love so much! Hopefully God will open doors and I can take my whole family with me. *and on a side note...just in case you have a thought that my husband doesn't love this place as much as I do...guess again...your wrong...Its both of our dream...I just happened to be the blogger* OK...that above picture?????? Everyone of those sweet Ethiopian people are apart of the church we volunteered at.And they are ALL beyond precious...they prayed over Rachel and I for an hour! I have NEVER in my life felt so close to God! I had goosebumps and tears and I had no idea what they were saying..all I could feel was there arms around me and the presence of God.
sweet little boy who I put down for the picture...guess he didn't want down...it was no problem to pick him back up
This sign... haha "When you drink a cup of coffee ideas come marching in like an army" ...drinking coffee at the Post Office and saw this sign...we all had a good laugh...if you've drank Ethiopian coffee you probably know the meaning behind those words lol
LOOK at that! That is a stinkin' long way from home! 15 hours baby! Oh and that's just one flight.
Someday...someday...I will get these girls to a Dr. I could have held them all day long...in fact...I did.
Look how sweet they are with big sister Hana...getting ready for a good meal!
...we walked miles each day! The roads in Korah are not suitable for cars..so every one walks...I thought I would die from heat exhaustion a few times...my mouth and nose would be so dry all the time...it was dusty and hot...but beautiful...don't judge me unless you've been there...It will take you 5 min to fall in love. I promise.
...these boys...orphans all of these children...wanting to know about America...wanting to know about my family...wanting to call me Mom...wanting my hugs...and wanting love...So glad for the moments I sat down and just poured myself out to the hurting...its such a good feeling to connect...even if its just for a few moments...I had all the love in the world....in fact I still do!
sweet little boy who I put down for the picture...guess he didn't want down...it was no problem to pick him back up
This sign... haha "When you drink a cup of coffee ideas come marching in like an army" ...drinking coffee at the Post Office and saw this sign...we all had a good laugh...if you've drank Ethiopian coffee you probably know the meaning behind those words lol
LOOK at that! That is a stinkin' long way from home! 15 hours baby! Oh and that's just one flight.
Someday...someday...I will get these girls to a Dr. I could have held them all day long...in fact...I did.
Look how sweet they are with big sister Hana...getting ready for a good meal!
...we walked miles each day! The roads in Korah are not suitable for cars..so every one walks...I thought I would die from heat exhaustion a few times...my mouth and nose would be so dry all the time...it was dusty and hot...but beautiful...don't judge me unless you've been there...It will take you 5 min to fall in love. I promise.
...these boys...orphans all of these children...wanting to know about America...wanting to know about my family...wanting to call me Mom...wanting my hugs...and wanting love...So glad for the moments I sat down and just poured myself out to the hurting...its such a good feeling to connect...even if its just for a few moments...I had all the love in the world....in fact I still do!
No comments:
Post a Comment