*Gracie colored this paper in Sunday School...she is thankful for coming to America*I got a very special email Thanksgiving morning....
Dear Kristy,
I heard on the radio station that today is Thanksgiving Day for you in America. So I decided to write for you, I read from the Bible what the great apostle Paul wrote to his beloved Timothy like this..."To Timothy, my dear son: grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. " 2nd Timothy 1:2-3 Thank the Lord for past leaders in your country who proclaimed a day of thanksgiving to God for His blessings and provision. Men and Women worth following are not afraid to publicly profess their dependency on Almighty God. Political correctness is not part of their persona, because they are more concerned about pleasing Jesus then people. Grateful leaders have the potential for greatness, while those like African leaders stuck in unappreciative mindset muddle through mediocrity. " I always thank God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all His holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. " Philemon 1:4-5 At work and at home it is more than words of affirmation and appreciation- though this is a good start. A community of thankful people creates a culture of gratitude. There is not a day goes by that God is not thanked for food to eat, a place to work and air to breathe. Children observe Mom and Dad and model what they see and hear. I am sure that your home is full of thanksgiving to Jesus and for each other and your family is infected with grateful hearts. Perhaps you write a note of thanksgiving to your friends and family unwavering love for you and your children...so I am writing to you...Pen a poem of gratitude to your children for their unique gift to your family. Thank your family for their patient love. Email or call a friend and thank them for their loyal friendship. Mostly get on your knees and thank your Heavenly Father. Thankful followers of Christ learn the power of grateful prayers. They approach Heaven with sincere supplications of full thanksgiving and praise to God for sending His Son Jesus to save them from their sins. Prayers of thanksgiving are light on personal petitions and heavy on gratitude to God for the faith of family and friends. Be a thankful servant and watch Christ grow an army of thankful followers. Grateful family of Christ show appreciation to those above and below themselves. "Therefore since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so we worship God acceptably and with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire. " Hebrews 12:28-29 With love and prayers to God for this opportunity to thank Him about you and your family for bringing them into my life, God bless you and your descendants...I will pray and thank God for knowing you in my life...it is also Thanksgiving Day for me to!...for knowing you. You are in my heart Britton and Kristy and you are the reason I thank God today
With many love, your brother in Christ, Tesfaye
*This is one of the better letters I have ever gotten. This is coming from a man who has NOTHING! He couldn't even have a Thanksgiving dinner if it was a Holiday in Ethiopia. There are no words to describe how special this was to us. It put our whole day in perspective.
The little Indians coloring before lunch
Looking through old pictures...precious memories how they linger....
Brent carving the Turkey
smile Dad :)
football games...GOOO Cowboys :) (thats who they were rooting for so I did to)
Thankful for my husband...I love him so much!
naptime with Grandma
Grandma pulled out my dads toys that he used to play with...talk about antique...they were so neat!
chillin
they don't make toys like they used to!
coloring
not wanting to say goodbye....insert very nervous me :(
oh yeah! This is what were really like :) literally
Brent showing us pictures and videos of where he will be for the next 8 months. Marjah Trecknawa Nawa Afghanistan. (Dad looks mad that I'm taking a picture )
sometimes I think maybe it would be better if I didn't know where he was going. The pictures and videos made me sad.
Oh how he loves his Uncle Brentie
I have so much to be thankful for! Last year at Thanksgiving these two people in the above picture were missing. SO THANKFUL they were home this year. How God has blessed me! I am thankful for Jesus and my family...those are the most important things to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment