* This poem hangs on our bathroom wall.The plack was given to me from my Great Grandma and I memorized it with my brother when we were younger. Every time I go through something like flying to a third world country, I remember it. This poem has become very precious to me through trials in my life.
MY GOD IS NO STRANGER by: Helen Steiner Rice
God is no stranger in a faraway place
He is as close as the wind that blows across my face,
Its true I can't see the wind as it blows
But I feel it around me and my heart surely knows
That Gods mighty hand can be felt any minute
For there is nothing on earth that God isn't in it-
The sky and the stars, the waves and the sea,
The dew on the grass, the leaves on the tree
Are constant reminders of God and His nearness
Proclaiming His presence with crystal-like clearness-
So how could I think that God was far, far away
When I feel Him beside me every hour of the day,
And I've plenty of reasons to know God's my friend
And this is one friendship that time cannot end!
*Pictures of a butterfly on our rosebush outside. Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment