"For we are saved by HOPE: but HOPE that is seen is not HOPE: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet HOPE for? But if we HOPE for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it." Romans 8:24&25
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
I will follow YOU Jesus!
*Two post in one day?? Sorry but this is on my mind right now*
FOLLOW YOU by: Leeland
You live among the least of these, the weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away
All my needs You have supplied
When I was dead you gave me life
How could I not give it away so freely??
And I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
Follow you into the world
I'll meet the needs of the poor and needy God
I'll follow You into the world
Use my hands, Use my feet to make Your kingdom come
To the corners of the earth until Your will be done
Cause faith without works is dead
And on the cross Your blood was shed
So how could we not give it away so freely??
I give ALL myself, I give ALL myself
I give ALL myself to You
And I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
I'll follow You into the world
Meet the needs of the poor and the needy, God
I will follow You into the world.
*As you know Britton and I recently made a 25 hour trip to Addis Ababa Ethiopia to visit our daughter and go to court. Neither of us had ever been in a third world country so we had no idea what to expect. The poverty was indescribable .
On our last day in Ethiopia we met with Pastor Tesfaye of the small church at Kora. He took us to a village where 75,000 people live in the only trash dump in the biggest city in Africa. These precious people have leprosy and HIV and are considered outcast in the community. Many of the children are orphans and everyone survives by begging or eating out of the trash. We visited many of the lepers and played with lots of the children.
The sadness and the poverty was overwhelming. Flies were landing on our lips and eyes and biting us and the smell made us want to vomit.
A precious memory was getting to stand in a circle holding hands with all of the pastors and youth leaders of the small church and praying for them in English and then they prayed for us in Amharic.
We understand that everyone is called to help others in different ways. But we are asking you to donate what you can to our dear brothers and sisters in Christ living at the Kora dump.
Lord willing we would like to raise enough money to pour a concrete floor in their gym.
The gym is the place where the boys or men go to when they are feeling sad or depressed about life. The pastors are then able to then connect with them and share Jesus with them. The gym is 12 years old and has a mud floor that gets wet every time it rains. They told us the only thing they wanted was Love but we know they kneed much more.
We would like to take the money we raise with us when we go back, so we can complete this project.
May God bless each one of you for all your prayers in our adoption journey! If you would like to donate you can email me at OutdoorAccents1@yahoo.com and I will give you our address where you can send the money. Thank you so much and feel free to share this blog post with others. Love in Jesus~ Britton, Kristy, Gracie, Carter and Brysen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment