Monday, July 5, 2010

All about......

Gracie!! :) Ok so it has been a while since I have posted something and I tell you friends I don't do very good at this so I probably wont post often but when I do it will probably be HUGE like this one :) Well first I want to say that we are waiting on our Ohio abuse clearance before our homestudy can be completed. Then we will send our completed homestudy to the USCIS form I-700A for clearance and then once we get approved we will finish our Dossier ( a bunch of notarized papers ) and send it with the completed homestudy to Ethiopia and then we will get our first court date. To type this out seems like an understatement of what we have been working on! So if it sounds simple it is NOT and I am very "paper pregnant" !!!!! We have both completed around 30 hours of training and tears has ran down my face as the printer printed off millions of papers at a time! It will be so worth it we know but we have this dark cloud hanging over our heads to get this all done and in Ethiopia as fast as we can. When we accepted Gracie we signed a paper stating that we would have all the papers done in four months and if we can not get it done there is a possibility of someone else getting her or us paying $450 a month for foster care ( which we of course will do!) So we are getting closer and we have heard many times that waiting is one of the hardest parts! We have completed our end of the deal now we just have to wait for some person to send us our letter who may not really care for our situation. But we are trusting in the Lord with ALL of our hearts and we KNOW that He is already in tomorrow.
So all I know about Gracie is really her medical records and the sweet pictures that I stare at all the time. She was brought into the Soddo orphanage on December 13 of 2009. Her mother brought her. Can you imagine? Tears come to my eyes as I think about what that would be like...was she scared? what did her mother say to her? I am not coming back have a good life??? In the first pictures we got of her she is not smiling and looks very scared and very thin. Her father died of a malaria case in 2008 and she has 3 older siblings who can take care of themselves. If you research Ethiopia you will find that some are so poor and eat roots or anything they can find. Her mother could not take care of her anymore so in desperation to give her child a better life she put her up for adoption. Gracie is from the Wolaita Zone and she speaks Wolaitigna and some Amharic ( and some English :) so cute to hear her try to count ) She is perfectly healthy as far as we know and she is 43 inches high :) She is SO cute and for some of you who have not seen the pictures, trust me she is sweet!
I dream about the day when I can wrap her in my arms and kiss her sweet face and tell her I love her!!!!! Love in Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment